After Germany last week, the French, German, English and Spanish championships also lowered the curtain this weekend. We take stock of the clubs qualified for the various European competitions.
The 2021-2022 financial year has definitely lowered the curtains in the five major championships. If the Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid is the last meeting of the season (Saturday at 9 p.m. at the Stade de France) before switching to the international window, a large part of the qualifiers for the next Cups from Europe are known for the top 5.
Full box for Germany
Thanks to Eintracht Frankfurt’s victory in the Europa League, Germany will have the largest contingent in the Champions League, with five teams. Besides Frankfurt, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Leverkusen and Leipzig will also see the C1. Christopher Nkunku’s club having won the German Cup, sixth place directly qualifies for the Europa League and it is Union Berlin who benefits.
The qualified German clubs
– Champions League: Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig and Eintracht Frankfurt
– Europa League: Freiburg and Union Berlin
– Europa League Conference play-offs: Cologne
England: The useless demonstration of the Gunners
Behind Manchester City and Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham have validated their ticket for the next Champions League. Spurs crushed Norwich on Sunday (5-0), condemning Arsenal to the Europa League, despite their overwhelming success against Everton (5-1). Threatened by West Ham for sixth place, Manchester United will play the C3 well, while the Hammers will play in the Europa League Conference play-off.
The qualified English clubs
– Champions League: Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham
– Europa League: Arsenal and Manchester United
– Europa League Conference play-offs: West Ham
Spain: after the Champions League, the C4 for Villarreal
Winner of the Europa League in 2021 and semi-finalist of the Champions League this season, Villarreal will discover the Europa League Conference next season after their victory on Barça’s lawn on Sunday (2-0). Unai Emery’s men finished three points behind Real Sociedad, which qualified directly for the Europa League after Betis’ success in the Copa del Rey.
The qualified Spanish clubs
– Champions League: Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid and Sevilla FC
– Europa League: Betis and Real Sociedad
– Europa League Conference play-offs: Villarreal
In Italy, happiness is for Fiorentina
While the four teams qualified for the Champions League were already known, Roma ensured their qualification for the C3 by finishing sixth, directly qualifying place after the success of Inter Milan in the Italian Cup. This situation is good news … for Feyenoord, opponent of the Wolf in the final of the Europa League Conference on Wednesday, since the winner of the C4 is directly qualified for the Europa League. If José Mourinho’s men lift the trophy, the ticket goes to 3rd in the Dutch championship (7th in the UEFA coefficient), Feyenoord.
The qualified Italian clubs
– Champions League: AC Milan, Inter, Naples and Juventus Turin
– Europa League: Lazio and AS Roma
– Europa League Conference play-offs: Fiorentina
France: OM finds C1 at the end of the suspense, Rennes will be in C3
Marseille will therefore have waited for the additional time of the 38th day to validate its return to the Champions League, thanks to the equalization of Lens against Monaco (2-2), who should play two rounds of play-offs in August to obtain a third ticket for French clubs. The fight was also fierce for the Europa League, where Rennes will accompany Nantes thanks to their draw at Lille, while Nice overthrew Reims to secure a place in the Europa League Conference.
Qualified French clubs
– Champions League: PSG and Marseille
– 3rd preliminary round of the Champions League: Monaco
– Europa League: Rennes and Nantes (winner of the Coupe de France)
– Europa League Conference play-offs: Nice
#Champions #League #Europa #League #Europa #League #Conference #qualifiers #European #Top