This tutorial tells you how to remotely control Windows 11/10 virtual machine. Most people install Windows using VirtualBox and VMware. Sometimes we need to transfer files from virtual machine to host system and vice versa. Establishing a Remote Desktop connection and simply performing a copy-and-paste operation is the best practice for transferring files from one operating system to another.
To control Windows virtual machines, you must first allow remote connection. Then you can add users to allow it to remotely connect to your computer. For that, you need to follow these steps.
Remotely Control Windows Virtual Machine in Windows 11/10
To control Windows virtual machine remotely in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- To research advanced system settings in the taskbar search box.
- Click on the search result.
- Go to the Remote tongue.
- Select the Allow remote connections to this computer option.
- Click it Apply button.
- Click it Select users button.
- Click it To add button.
- Select the user and click on the OKAY button.
- Click it OKAY again to save the change.
However, if you are using Windows 8/8.1/7, you need to follow these steps.
Remotely control Windows virtual machine in Windows 8.1/8/7
Today we will see how a Remote Desktop Connection can be established to control Windows 8 installed on VMware using a Remote Desktop Connection from the Windows 7 host system. But the same procedure will also apply to Windows 10.
We will need to change some settings before starting the connection.
Host system settings
- In Windows 7 host, go to Control Panel > System and Security > System. Click on allow remote access
- Under Remote Assistance, the checkbox “Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer” must be checked.
- “Allow connections from computers running all versions of Remote Desktop” the radio button must be checked
Windows virtual machine settings
- In Windows 8, tap the Control Panel tile.
- Go to More settings at the bottom of the list of parameters. Here you will find the same desktop interface as the Control Panel.
- Repeat the same operation as in Windows 7.
If you are using a VMware virtual machine, you will find the VMware network adapter installed on both the host and the virtual system.
To find it, press Window+R touch to open the Run command and type ncpa.cpl.
You will find the VMware network adapter.
Assign an appropriate non-identical IP address to both machines.
Now is the time to start the Remote Desktop Connection
- Open Remote Desktop Connection
- Type the IP address of the Windows 8 machine and click connect
- Enter credentials to log in to Windows.
That’s it ! All is done !
Use Remote Desktop from Windows 8/8.1
Now, if you want to use Remote Desktop from Windows 8, you are advised to do a careful installation, and the remote desktop connection can be established through LAN or to another guest system, because it is complex to verify remotely a host system from a virtual system. Machine.
Let’s see the steps.
- Make the above mentioned settings on both systems
- Tap the Remote Desktop tile
- Enter the IP address of the target system
- Enter credentials
Now, you can easily transfer files from one system to another and perform various operations easily using Remote Desktop.
Lily : Fix Your computer cannot connect to the remote computer error on Windows
To remotely control a virtual machine or a virtual machine, you must follow the steps described in succession. First, you need to configure things on the host computer so that you can connect to the virtual machine. Next, you need to enter the correct IP information on the remote computer. For your information, you must configure the virtual machine before following all these steps.
There are several ways to control someone’s Windows computer. However, if you are using another computer, you can use remote desktop software, such as TeamViewer. It is one of the best free solutions that you can use to connect Windows computer remotely.
That’s all ! I hope this guide has helped.
#Remotely #Control #Windows #Virtual #Machine #TechRadar